Covenant Group News is distributed to subscribers electronically in August, November, February, and May.
SGM Journal goes to UUSGM Network members in October/November and April/May, with a 3 month delay before being posted on the website.
The Website is updated about the middle of the month.
Participate in the SGM Facebook Group for ongoing updates and information.
September 2015 Covenant Group News has been emailed and is now online. It contains the following articles, in addition to Network information:
- Letter from the Editor
- Small Group Ministry at GA 2015
- Reflections on the GA Booth Experience
- Preparing For a New Season of SGM
- Theme-Based SGM on UUA Website
The Fall / Winter Journal has been sent electronically and via mail to UU Small Group Ministry Network members. This edition includes:
The Significance of SGM: A Reminder
A Covenant Group Success Story
Learning by Training New Small Group Leaders at the Unitarian Church of Baton Rouge
Chalice Circle Samplers
A New Paradigm for Social Justice Work
History and Evolution Of Small Group Ministry
Seasonal: There are a number of session plans for Christmas, starting with Advent, on the Celebrations Sessions section. Please also share session plans that you develop, to add to the collection for another year.
We would also like to have session plans available for the celebrations that occur between January and April. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Session Plans newly posted to the website:
• Past and Now Auburn, ME (Turner, Rev. Glenn) Personal
• Samplers: Chalice Circles Providence, RI, First Unitarian (Arellana, Ruth) Groups
• Enlightenment in Winter Devon, PA (from session from Durham, NC) Personal: Seasonal
• Thankfulness Devon, PA Personal
Theme-Based: The following session plans are based on the Themes for the Month that are being used by a number of UU churches. A number of churches are creating small group ministry session plans. I would like to start "flagging" sessions that are submitted to Theme-Based ministry in the session plan directory. Realizing that timing is a dilemma, I would like to encourage congregations to send such plans for inclusion on the website. For example, I will submit the ones that are developed in Augusta, ME, and try to do this before the theme comes up.
• Ancestry (Nov. 2015) (Theme) Newark, DE (Weber, Rev. Andrew)
• Letting Go (Oct. 2015) (Theme) Newark, DE (Weber, Rev. Andrew)