The top resource requested from the Network is to be small group session plans. Likewise,
this is one or our greatest areas of interaction with individuals and congregations. You
can find sessions that have been shared with the Network. The sessions are posted as in
the format submitted. There are also links to other websites and session collections.
Thanks for the ongoing contributions.
In September 2015, we moved sessions related to Celebrations to a separate section. To access the Directories of Sessions, click one of the following:
Sessions Directory: General (Jump to sessions) or scroll down.
Sharing Sessions Plans is a major way of networking. You need more sessions and so do all your fellow group leaders and participants. And you may have plans to share. If every congregation accessing this page shares one session per year we will have a never ending source of sessions.
Didn't write it down? People say that they have come up with session plans but have not written them down. PLEASE take a moment to write up a draft of what you did. There is a template for doing this. If there is a session plan on the site that is the same topic as one you would like to share, send yours anyway. There are many ways to consider a topic.
Resources as you develop, share, look for session plans:
• Session Plan Development/Selection Criteria
• Critique of Small Group Ministry Session Plan
• Copyright Considerations
Please send sessions plans to: email@example.com. They may be sent in MS Word, RTF, Simple Text or PDF files. Please give your name, congregation and city/state. Sessions plans are posted as they are submitted and there is a variety of styles.
Session plans are not edited by the Network, but we may contact you. We will add the name of the Network on the file so that people are aware of the source. Please always make sure to credit the writers of a session plan as you use it.
Let us know if there is a collection of session plans on your congregation's website, and we will note this in the Collections section on the UUSGM Network website.
SMALL GROUP SESSIONS
• Being Mortal (Dec.2015), LaCrosse, WI (Thomsen, Jan), Personal
• Conversing (Oct. 2015), LaCrosse, WI (Haines, R.), Personal
• Gone Missing (Oct. 2015), LaCrosse, WI (Beckman, Phyllis), Life
• Smorgasboard (May 2016), LaCrosse, WI (Haines, Diane), Sessions
• The Last Time (Sept. 2015) LaCrosse, WI (Haines, Diane ), Life
• Death and Dying: Six Session Series (2016) (Eugene, OR (Wootan, Kimberly; Loescher, Dick) Life